Senior Sales Account Manager-DoD Maritime Services
- - Sales
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are: FLIR Systems' Unmanned Ground Systems (FLIR UGS) is a world leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, FLIR UGS currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 7,000 robots to more than 57 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the nation's top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. FLIR UGS is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Senior Sales Account Manager for DoD Maritime Services
Location: Chelmsford, MA
How you will make a difference:
The Senior Sales Account Manager for DoD Maritime Services is an integral part of FLIR UGS' Sales Team, responsible for strategic planning, customer relations, and revenue generation from sales opportunities within the US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, and other accounts as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in the DoD Maritime Services, a strong understanding of customer needs, the ability to assist in setting company strategy for meeting the needs of these customers, strong interpersonal skills, exceptional project management skills, and demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Manage all sales activities related to the US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Coast Guard, and other accounts as assigned, including:
- Communicating closely with key customers to forecast their needs for unmanned systems.
- Communicating closely with the company chain of command and amongst company teams to keep all members up to date on account activities.
- Forecasting sales opportunities for assigned customers and working to bring in those opportunities, turning them into contracted procurements.
- Establishing strategic plans for developing company markets with assigned customers to promote growing sales with these accounts.
- Working closely with designated vendors to bring in related sales.
- Producing quotes for customer opportunities and actively maintaining all quotes and opportunities within the company's sales database.
- Conducting customer demonstrations and training as required at customer sites or at the company.
- Working closely with the company Program and Product Management teams to address the technical and schedule needs of assigned customers.
- Recommend then execute assigned tradeshow events, media, and other public facing opportunities related to assigned markets.
- Writing reports, producing slideshows, and making professional presentations both within and outside the company.
- Serve as the company's Subject Matter Expert for assigned customer organizations.
- Actively cooperate with other Sales Team members and company employees to assist in executing missions and planning for future opportunities.
Qualifications & Experience
- 15+ years of experience in any one (or more) of the DoD maritime services.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working closely with DoD customers and building constructive relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Demonstrated experience in building and contributing productively to integrated teams, bringing together diverse disciplines and positions, and working toward an established goal in a cooperative and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and flex easily to additional missions when required on short notice.
- Aptitude with high-tech products and the ability to demonstrate and present products at tradeshows and customer sites to targeted customers.
- Comfortable managing and communicating at both the big picture and granular detail levels.
- Very strong ability to easily communicate (verbal, visual, written) with others ranging from generals, admirals, and CEOs, to privates, civilians, engineers, media, and others.
- Ability to support activities with other DoD services outside of the maritime branches, as well as domestic and international customers when required.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic with the flexibility to work individually or with a team.
- Demonstrates strong team commitment.
- Ability to travel up to 50% (Domestic primarily) at peak times
FLIR Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
FLIR Systems is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page