Mechanical Engineer-Contract Opportunity (3-6 months)
- - Engineering
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
Who We Are: Endeavor Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, Endeavor currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 6,000 robots to more than 40 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. Endeavor is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer-Contract Opportunity (3-6 months)
Location: Chelmsford, MA
Endeavor Robotics is seeking an experienced Contract Mechanical Engineer. In this role, you will have significant responsibility for the sustainment and enhancement of our robotic platforms. Leveraging your experience in the design and development of complex electromechanical systems, you will have the opportunity to deliver robust technical solutions and updates to our products.
- Provides mechanical engineering analysis, design and documentation input towards the sustainment, cost reduction and continuous improvement of currently shipping robotic systems.
- Applies skills in 3D CAD and performs necessary analyses and testing to verify design updates
- Initiate and process Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) within Windchill
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineering team to create, update and release test and assembly documentation in Windchill
Qualifications & Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- 4 years minimum experience in product development of mechanical systems
- 3 years minimum experience with 3D CAD (PTC Creo 3.0 or newer)
- 3 years minimum experience with the design of industrial or military products for low volume manufacturing and operation in harsh environments
- Product Data Management tools (PTC Windchill 10.1 or newer)
- Design and development of motion control systems, actuators, gearing and complex mechanisms
- Experience using rapid prototyping methods
- High level of technical writing proficiency (specs, test plans, reports, white papers, etc.)
- Ability to direct the activities of technicians, interns, and designers
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and meet aggressive goals
- ASME drafting standards, dimensional management methods and ASME Y14.5-2009 GD&T standard
- Structural design, stress & fatigue analysis with Creo Simulate or ANSYS
- Mobile robotic platform development
- Basic operation of machine shop tools (vertical mill, lathe)
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.