Engineering Project Manager
- - Engineering
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are: Endeavor Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, Endeavor currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 6,000 robots to more than 40 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. Endeavor is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Engineering Project Manager
Location: Chelmsford, MA
We are seeking a talented, self-motivated, and experienced Engineering Project Manager with demonstrated success in leading engineering teams to develop and deliver new products that meet or exceed requirements on time and within budget. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team to conceptualize, design, develop, and test our world class Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs). You will lead a cross-disciplinary engineering team interfacing with the larger IPT team.
The Engineering Project Manager will:
- Lead a cross-functional engineering team that includes mechanical, electrical, software, and systems disciplines.
- Establish project scope, schedule, budget, and deliverables.
- Work with functional managers to properly staff the program engineering team
- Track project progress and provide regular progress reports to management that encompass all aspects of project execution.
- Act as liaison between engineering and other functions including Program Management, manufacturing, finance, operations, customer support, etc.
- Work effectively to build and motivate the team to deliver outstanding results in all aspects of product development, manufacturing, and product delivery
- Ensure that proper product life cycle management practices are applied, including design reviews, risk management, issue resolution, and tracking of program expense and product cost.
- Work with the program capture team as the engineering representative on proposals.
To be successful in this role, the individual should be proficient in project scheduling and budgeting, and possess sufficient technical knowledge to accurately assess project progress, identify and manage issues, risks, opportunities, and scope changes, identify and drive completion of schedule critical path work, and properly balance technical, schedule and budget considerations when making architecture and design decisions and when conducting trade analyses.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of relevant experience working on technology product development
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Led IPTs / cross-functional teams and/or direct line management in a product development environment
- Application of product development methods
- Accomplished in engineering or scientific domain of expertise
- Familiarity with various technical/scientific domains and can work through complex issues across engineering disciplines and with manufacturing teams
- Familiarity with agile SW development
- Proficient with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications (including MS Project)
- Must be a US Person (e.g. US citizen, green card holder)
- Master's Degree in engineering, science, or business administration from an accredited college or university
- Managed subcontractors performing aspects of design and development
Product development leadership experience in a robotics related field
- Technical leadership on projects, including development of cost and schedule estimates, risk management, administering system design reviews, administering production readiness reviews, etc.
- Design and development of rugged, reliable systems for military applications
- Proficient with Atlassian tools and PTC Windchill
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.