Field Service Engineer
- - Service and Logistics
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are: Endeavor Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, Endeavor currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 6,000 robots to more than 40 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. Endeavor is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Chelmsford, MA
A Field Service Engineer provides highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, training and general post-sales support, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems. This is an end user-facing position integrated with Engineering, Logistics and Program Management. Provides technical support to multiple design teams and support of systems directly with end user. Assists in customer repair operations. Requires extensive travel, including theater of operations.
- Act as the primary post-sales end user technical support contact, promote and sell additional field support services, provide in-field support, training, and feedback to end user, support fielded systems and gather product failure data, deficiencies, & desired updates, work to create end user pull for more robotic systems and capabilities.
- Support customer test events & evaluations (DT, LUT, IOTE, etc.), support user evaluations of new & unreleased products, provide feedback to design teams as end user representative, communicate deficiencies, desired updates, and configuration change requests of product, manage prototype assets, including failure analysis and repair, & associated inventory, support BOM development & build process documentation, write/review test procedures and perform testing, support failure review and corrective action implementation.
- Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment. Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.
- Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects. Interprets customers' needs and clarifies if the responsibility for problem resolution falls to sales personnel, customer support reps, or engineers.
- Technical support to the end user & customer, demonstrate/describe how user and robot CONOPS come together to achieve missions, answer questions, perform demonstrations, explain best use of the product, capture extended CONOPS & additional mission uses implemented by end user, work to create customer pull for more robotic systems and capabilities.
- Support development of CONOPS & associated requirements, support development of the outline for and review Operation, Technical & Maintenance Manuals, and the outline for and review Training, Manual & Maintenance Concepts.
- Delivers and conducts operator and maintenance training to customers.
- System de-processing, integration and fielding.
- Fault detection and isolation.
- Organizational Level maintenance and repair.
- Installation of software technical updates.
- Maintain accurate records of robot repairs and configurations in accordance with customer program requirements.
- No evidence of Failure (NEOF) analysis and disposition.
- Spares inventory and control.
- Provide New Equipment Training (NET).
- Support US Department of Defense, domestic first-responder, and International field testing/training exercises.
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ year(s) related experience or High School and 8+ year(s) related experience.
- Strong mechanical background to support trouble shooting and repair.
- Familiarity with the US Army supply and maintenance systems or equivalent DoD organizations.
- Customer service and product support skills; be able to communicate effectively in support of highly technical products.
- Some Network Configuration experience.
- Ability to follow procedures, critical thinking, process improvement and a strong familiarity with military technical manuals.
- Ability to develop written procedures & documentation.
- Must be able to obtain a current DOD Secret Security Clearance as a minimum.
- Have or ability to obtain a valid US Passport and Driver's License.
- Physically fit and capable of supporting US Department of Defense field training.
- Travel requirement is up to 25% domestic and international.
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.