Principal Software Engineer-Contract Oppty
- - Engineering
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
Who We Are: Endeavor Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, Endeavor currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 6,000 robots to more than 40 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. Endeavor is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Principal Software Engineer-Contract position 6+ months
Location: Chelmsford, MA
How you will make a difference:
As a Principal Software Engineer at Endeavor Robotics, you will be developing software for unmanned ground robots. Your primary activities will be integrating new sensors and capabilities into multiple Defense and Security robotic platforms.
In this role, you will collaborate with other mobile and robot developers, designers, testers, and business managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of the product development lifecycle. The ideal candidate must be able to pick up new technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / JOB DUTIES:
- Design, implement, and test new robot software subsystems.
- Integrate new sensors and capabilities into multiple product lines.
- Proactively write software documentation.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 8+ years of software development experience.
- Expert in C and C++ programming languages.
- Solid understanding of object oriented programming, design patterns, and data structures.
- Experience with communications protocols, particularly UDP/TCP, and socket programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Proficient in Linux application development.
- Proactive and self-directing, able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience developing application software for robotics systems.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) framework.
- Experience w/ scripting languages e.g. Python is a plus.
- Experience interfacing with various hardware devices, e.g. serial, I2C, USB, etc.
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Share This Page