Business Development Manager-Robotic and Autonomous Systems (RAS)
- - Major Programs and Capture
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Business Development Manager - Robotics and Autonomous Systems (RAS)
This role will be responsible for the development of robotic and autonomous (RAS) systems business plans, pipeline development and opportunity capture plans for assigned Endeavor Robotics Market Channels reporting the Vice President of Major Programs & Captures.
The Business Development Manager drives the competitive assessments, develops teaming & solution strategies, and delivers Endeavor Robotics messages to key customer stakeholders. Once Opportunities have been qualified as committed Endeavor Robotics pursuits, this individual leads development of Opportunity win strategies, and leads a matrix team of functional and support specialists throughout the engagement from qualification through Opportunity closure (The Win).
The position requires development of and maintaining close trusted partner relationships with current and prospective end users, staff of senior military and civilian US Government customers, customers, as well as industry partners, competitors and suppliers.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 5-7 years Business Development experience in growing sustainable business pipeline within the defense industry (verifiable)
- At least 2 years' experience in leading large Capture Management Programs (i.e. above $25M Development)
- At least 2 years' experience with DoD Unmanned/Robotic Systems acquisition or business development experience
- At least 2 years experience in working with Government Research & Development Organizations (e.g. DARPA, ONR, ARL, AFRL, etc)
- Thorough knowledge of DoD Requirements, Acquisition and Budget development processes.
- Exceptional presentation and influencing skills required
- Bachelor of Science/Art degree in related field
- US Citizenship required with active security clearance
- Business Travel requirements in conduct of this role are ~30%
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Retired US Military Officer (O-4 to O-5)
- Formal Capture Management/Proposal Management Trained (i.e. Shipley Associates)
- 2 years experience in Corporate Development with M&A background
- Program Management experience and training at a large Aerospace & Defense Contractor
- EOD/CBRN Mission Application knowledge & experience
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- PMP Certification
- DAU level III certification in PM, finance, or engineering
- DOD R&D and acquisition experience at PM, PEO or Lab
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.