Senior Systems Engineer
- - Engineering
- Chelmsford, MA, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are: Endeavor Robotics is a leader in the rapidly growing industry of robotics. One of only a few robotics companies with a mature business, Endeavor currently specializes in delivering and supporting battle-hardened and adaptable robotics with a vision for growing into even more markets. We are committed to designing, developing, and manufacturing cutting edge tactical robotics in the United States, and to working with industry leaders and government partners to deliver innovative, reliable, and easy to operate robot solutions. To date, we have delivered more than 6,000 robots to more than 40 countries and that number continues to grow!
We are headquartered in a new state of the art facility in Chelmsford, MA and our team is comprised of some of the top roboticists and subject matter experts, supported by extremely talented, passionate, and dedicated employees pursuing the ultimate mission of Saving Lives. Endeavor is committed to innovating robotic solutions and customer-driven next generation capabilities to design and deploy robots that protect our service men and women from IED's, hazardous materials and other deadly threats. We proudly support and employ veterans and are continuing to build a diverse and vibrant team focused on excellence in everything we do. Visit our website to learn more at www.endeavorrobotics.com
Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Location: Chelmsford, MA
A How you will make a difference:
In this role, you will be leading engineering teams to develop and deliver new products that meet or exceed requirements on time and within budget. As Senior / Principal Systems Engineer, you will be part of a world class robotics design and development team to execute DoD programs that will provide our service members with capable Unmanned Ground Vehicle (UGV) systems to achieve Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD), combat engineering, and reconnaissance missions. You will participate in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) that includes engineering, operations, and supporting personnel.
- Participate or lead subsystem cross-functional team that includes engineering (mechanical, electrical, software, and systems), quality assurance, manufacturing, finance, and customer support.
- Work effectively to build and motivate the team to deliver outstanding results in all aspects of product development, manufacturing, and product delivery
- Establish project scope, schedule, and deliverables
- Ensure that proper product life cycle management practices are applied, including design reviews, risk management, issue resolution, and tracking of program expense and product cost using the Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Provide regular progress reports to internal management and DoD sponsor that encompass all aspects of project execution
We desire to fill this role with a highly experienced senior level Systems Engineer, with technical domain expertise and deep understanding of Systems Engineering methodology and experience in the application thereof. To be successful in this role, the individual should be proficient in project scheduling and budgeting, and possess sufficient technical knowledge to accurately assess project progress, identify and manage risks and opportunities, identify and drive completion of schedule critical path work, and advocate schedule and budget considerations in design decision and trade analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or science from an accredited college or university
- 8+ years of relevant experience working on technology product development
- Experience as a Systems Engineer, including application of Systems Engineering methodologies across the entire product development life cycle, to include mission need analysis, requirements development and allocation, design trade analysis, establishment and tracking of SWAP budgets, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Lead small cross-functional subsystem teams in a product development environment
- Application of product development methods
- Accomplished in engineering and/or scientific domain of expertise
- Familiarity with various technical/scientific domains and can work through complex issues across engineering and manufacturing disciplines
- Proficient with MS Windows OS and MS Office applications (including MS Project)
- Experience with Systems Engineering tools such as the IBM Rational product family
- Master's Degree in engineering, science, or business administration from an accredited college or university
- Managed subcontractors performing aspects of design and development
- Product development leadership experience in a robotics related field
- Experience in Systems Engineering specialty functions such as modeling & simulation and reliability analysis
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), Agile development approaches, cybersecurity considerations, etc.
- Design and development of rugged, reliable systems for military applications
- Experience with EVM CAM tracking and reporting
- Working experience with MS SharePoint, PTC Windchill, Linux OS
Endeavor Robotics is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to building a diverse workforce and we actively encourage women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
Endeavor Robotics is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.